This article is for anyone who may be experiencing any issues with Email deliverability from Panalitix.com.
Please note that this is a common occurrence for all Marketing Automated Platforms (MAPs) and not unique to Panalitx.com. All MAPs will require you to set up your DNS records to improve Domain Authentication.
Here at Panalitix, we use a system called SendGrid for email deliverability which is one of the worlds leading providers for email sending. Some of SendGrid's clients include Uber, Spotify, Airbnb and also Panalitix! You can check out their full Email Deliverability Best Practices Guide here.
The Factors for Email Deliverability
There are 3 factors that impact your mass email sending:
1. Reputation - the metrics used to ensure that you are sending to a clean list - this comes down to a well-structured database that you send to with low bounce rates.
2. Infrastructure - the application or MAP that you use to do mass email. In this case, Panalitix.com via SendGrid.
3. Authentication - in this article, we will be focusing on improving your Authentication - who you say you are.
Authentication is an "ID check" for your mail streams: it validates that the email is actually from you, and not some spammer impersonating you. Authenticating your email streams does not ensure that your email will be delivered, but it helps ISPs to further differentiate your business from spammers and other illegitimate senders. As fraudulent “phish” emails and other deceptive practices endanger consumers and businesses, authenticating your email is one positive step you can take today to make the email world a better place. It's a simple process that you can follow below.
Examples of Email Deliverability Issues
Email deliverability issues that may appear include:
1. Your email account doesn't recognize the email sender because you are sending the email as yourself TO yourself so it will display a "Warning" message. Please note, that your clients will not have any issues. Just your own email domain and team.
2. Images may not be showing.
3. Emails may be rendered as text only and not in HTML format.
Steps for Email Authentication
- Notify us at Panalitix.com that you are experiencing issues through a Support Ticket. Please notify us of your:
- Hosting Provider eg. GoDaddy
- Once notified, we (Panalitix) will then generate a unique set of DNS records for you inside SendGrid and provide these to you. The records will be CNAME records.
- You are to provide these DNS records to your IT provider to update inside your hosting account. Or if you know how to make changes to your DNS records yourself, go ahead and do this. We have experienced team in house that can also assist with this if you wish to provide us with your login details.
- Notify us that you have made the required changes inside your DNS
- We will then verify the changes inside SendGrid to Authenticate your domain
Once complete, you will now have improved Email Deliverability for your Domain and your Email reputation will improve.