Occasionally when you are creating a new SalesPipeline Opportunity, you may find that the target Contact for the Opportunity may not already exist in your Contact list, whether that be the Organisation or the Person in a business, or an Individual Person.
It is quite simple to add that target Contact into the Opportunity and into your Contact List and this article will guide you through that process.
- If you are adding a new Business / Organisation into your Contact List, please click on the + icon next to Organisation first and add that Organisation record in before adding the Person record.
- If you are updating an existing Opportunity, the following steps will also apply, just jump to the step that applies to you.
Navigate and open the Opportunity page. Find the "Contact" area.
Select whether you are creating an opportunity for a Business or an Individual.
Click the + icon next to the Organisation or Person that you wish to add. This is what is known as the "Quick Add" feature inside Panalitix.
Complete the details that appear in the pop-up.
- If adding an Organisation - provide the Name of the Organisation and the Organisations' relationship to you.
- If adding a Person that is associated with an Organisation - provide the First Name, Last Name of the Person and their Email. The Organisation field will pre-populate with the Organisation name from the field above.
- If adding an Individual Person - provide the First Name, Last Name of the Person and their Email.
Click on the "Save" button in the pop-up.
The contact details of the target contact will now appear in the Opportunity once you have selected or added the Person to the Opportunity.
You have successfully added this new Organisation / Person as a record in your Contact list and it is now attached as the target Contact to this Opportunity.
Please sign in to leave a comment.